Homeschooling Family Interview: Peg







Peg and I don't know how to explain it, but when it comes to effective learning opportunities for homeschoolers, few things work better than cars and restaurants.

1. How long have you been homeschooling (or if finished, how long did you homeschool)?

I homeschooled my youngest daughter for three years.

2. One of the main benefits of homeschooling is the freedom and flexibility it allows. Can you give us a few examples of how this freedom and flexibility benefited you (your family)?

Oh, I loved the fact that I could come and go as I pleased. If I needed to go shopping, run errands, or keep appointments, I'd just have my daughter grab her backpack with her lesson papers and a book or two and off we'd go. Some of our best lesson discussions were held in our van or over lunch at our favorite restaurant. But for me the best part of it was when we went on field trips and could stay to our heart's content, nobody's schedule but our own!


3. Another benefit of homeschooling is the fun factor. Can you give us a few examples of some especially fun times you had as a result of homeschooling?


I can't remember a field trip that wasn't fun, but I must say the most fun was had on park days when we could just cut loose and enjoy ourselves and the company of other homeschoolers who appreciated the lifestyle.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Hi, Debbie! I have no comment relevant to the post, but I just happened across your new blog and wanted to say that it's good to see you online again!

Debbie H. said...

Hi Jim, good to hear from you again too. I'm going to go see what's happening under the chestnut tree.